Your Guide to Carpet Cleaning Brisbane
Learn About Methods and Prices
A well-cleaned carpet brightens your home or office and offers a brand new look. Regular cleaning of carpets helps prevent dirt and debris build-up and also extends their life. In addition, routine cleaning prevents respiratory problems and allergies since the build up of dust, bacteria and even mites pollute the air. Due to the climate in Queensland, the humid air and storm seasons require many property owners to hire companies that perform carpet cleaning Brisbane on a regular basis to ensure the longevity of their carpets.
What is Carpet Cleaning?
Carpet cleaning is a technique that involves removal of dirt, stains, debris, grit, sand, mites, and allergens for beautification, cleanliness, and for a healthy environment. Cleaning is usually done through four basic methods which include; Carpet Shampooing, Bonnet Cleaning, Dry Powder cleaning, and “External Extraction”.
Clean carpets are recognized as more attractive and appealing, have a longer lifespan, and are healthier than uncleaned ones. Getting your carpets cleaned is a great way to save money as replacements can be costly. If you would like to learn more visit the Wikipedia page here.
Why is Carpet Cleaning Important?
In as much as regular cleaning of the house is important, it might not be safe to assume that your carpet is clean because it looks just fine two months after the last wash. The truth is, dirt and debris hide deep inside the fibres of the carpet material, making it hard for the normal eye to see. Bacteria and allergens can build up over time which can pose as a health risk especially for those are allergic to dirt.
No matter which method you choose to use when cleaning, it’s important to ensure that the carpet is free from dirt and bacteria. This can be achieved by use of quality products that remove even the most stubborn stains and kill the bacterial present. Many companies recommend to have carpets cleaned at-least once every three months to ensure complete protection and to provide a safe environment for families.
1. Prevents Bacteria and Allergen Build up
Carpets are excellent filters. They filter everything; dust, dirt, spills, and even insects. Because of this, they form the perfect breeding site for bacteria, mold, fungus, and all types of allergens. Considering that the fibres on the material are compactly arranged, the warmth and moisture inside the material creates a conducive environment for their growth. They end up causing skin irritations and severe infections as well as respiratory problems. Regular cleaning of the carpet discourages mold, fungus, and bacteria formation. In addition, the chemicals used during the cleaning process destroy all sources of contamination in the carpet.
2. Eradication of Bugs, Mites, and Other Insects
The favorable environment in the carpet attracts various insects such as beetles and bugs. If allowed to stay for long, they end up eating the fibers in the material, thus ruining your investment. In addition, they start producing foul smells which affect the aesthetics of a home or office. Regular cleaning and maintenance helps get rid of these insects.
3. For Improved Aesthetics
Apart from eliminating all forms of dirt and insects, cleaning a carpet helps restore its former glory. Freshening up the fibres is a good way to give it a polished look. Cleaning also helps the carpet maintain its original form. Through accumulation of dirt and long term use, you may notice distortions here and there. Regular cleaning reduces the possibility of wear and tear of the fibres, thus keeping your carpet in a good shape always.
To ensure long lasting results, it’s important that you hire professional carpet cleaners as they have the skills and qualifications to handle any type of carpet despite its condition.
What is Carpet Dry Cleaning?
Carpet dry cleaning is one of the most popular methods of cleaning carpets. Water is not used during the process. Instead, various types of dry cleaning powders are used.
By use of a rotating machine, the powder is spread on the carpet. The repeated rotations forces the powder (which has absorbent characteristics) to penetrate deep into the fibres. The combination of the powder and dirt is then sucked up by use of a vacuum cleaner. This method is great for those living in Brisbane and Queensland as these areas have high humidity compared to other parts of Australia. To learn more about this very low moisture technique click here.
- Zero Dry Time- Since no water is used, the carpet can be used immediately as there is no drying time allowance.
- No Dirt Residues or Detergent Leftovers- It’s hard for dirt to be left out since vacuuming sucks up everything. In addition, the method does not use detergents such as shampoos (which are hard to remove even after rinsing).
- Does not Pose a Health Risk- There is no possibility of slips or falls as water is not used. In addition, the vacuum cleaner completely sucks the dirt and dust and leaves no traces whatsoever.
- Long-lasting results- During the cleaning process, the carpet is not subjected to forced brushing and rubbing as it makes the fibres loose and weak, thereby increasing its lifespan.
- Its Easier- Dry cleaning does not require a lot of work. It only involves pouring the powder and passing the rotating machine through, hence saving time.
What is Carpet Steam Cleaning?
Also referred to as “Hot Water Extraction”, this method of cleaning carpets involves spaying hot water with detergent chemicals before vacuuming to loosen up dirt particles. It’s important to note that this method does not use steam despite the term.
After dislodging the dirt particles, the accumulated water and dirt is vacuumed. One of the main benefits of this method is that it has a deep cleansing power which allows for quick removal of heavy soil and dirt from the carpet.
- Thorough Cleaning- Steaming your carpet gives you the best possible results. This is because it cleans deeply into the fibres.
- Long-lasting Results- Since it involves deep cleaning, your carpet will stay clean for longer.
- Fast- Hot water and detergent forms a strong, active combination to quickly remove even the most stubborn stains.
- Eradication of Bugs, Mites, and other Insects. The deep treatment approach completely removes all types of insects including flies, bugs, and mites in addition to pet hair.
What is Carpet Stain Removal?
Carpet stain removal is the use of specific solutions to remove different types of stains from the carpet such as lipstick, paint, permanent market, tea, and many others.
No matter how small or large the stain is, the process of removing stains remains the same. It basically involves three major steps:
1. Removal of Excess Stain
l This step involves scraping of excess solid in the case of stains such as foods.
l When scraping or blotting, it’s important to take care not to permanently damage the fibres.
2. Application of Cleaning Detergents
l The type of cleaning detergent to use depends on the type of stain. Cold water or club sodas are perfect stain removal solutions for blood stains. For fat-based stains, a dry-solvent spot carpet cleaner is recommended. As for urine, an enzymatic cleaner is the best option.
3. Blotting the Stain Away
l This step involves use of a clean, white absorbent cloth with cold water to absorb the stain. It’s done repeatedly until nothing transfers to the cloth.
- Enables removal of stubborn stains such as grass, chocolate, blood, and others, giving your carpet a new, fresh look.
- Prolongs the Life of Carpet. Some stains contain chemicals which destroy the fibres in the carpet material. Due to this weakness, the carpet may be subjected to intense wear and tear. If the stain is removed early, it prevents the chemical reactions from damaging your carpet, thereby increasing its durability.
- Cost-saving Solution. Opting to purchase a brand new carpet because the old one has stains can be costly. Simple stain removal solutions will rid your carpet off stubborn stains, giving it a new, fresh look.
What is Upholstery Cleaning?
Upholstery cleaning basically involves using various methods to remove dirt and stains on the soft padded textiles on chairs and sofas.
Chairs and sofas are not only vulnerable to surface dust, dirt, and stains, but grime can also become deeply embedded into the fibres. For the sake of cleanliness and good hygiene, cleaning on a regular basis is crucial. The common products include white vinegar, baby wipes, and mild laundry detergent with water.
Here is a step-by-step guide explaining the process.
Step 1. Loosening Surface Dirt
This step involves removing as much surface dirt as possible before using any products or equipment.
Step 2. Spot Cleaning
This involves application of white vinegar or baby wipes to remove any obvious stains.
Step 3. Overall Cleaning
After stain removal, upholstery is thoroughly cleaned by use of soapy water and a microfibre cloth. Only a small amount of water is used to prevent saturation.
Step 4. Drying
After the process is complete, the sofas and chairs are allowed to dry naturally or by use of a hair-dryer to speed things up.
Furniture is a big investment and it’s important that you take care of it and in return, it will take care of you by offering unlimited comfort.
Here are some of the major benefits.
Dirt can penetrate into the upholstery weaken fabric, making it look old and worn out. Regular cleaning will remove dirt, giving your furniture a long-lasting brand new look.
Spills leave ugly stains in the surface of your furniture, making them look untidy and dull. Getting upholstery cleaned can restore your furniture to its former look.
Reduction of Allergens
Pollen, pet hairs, and other types of allergens may get trapped in your upholstery, leading to allergy symptoms especially to members of the family who suffer from allergies. Regular cleaning eliminates these allergens thus creating a conducive environment for every one.
Removes Bad Odours
Unpleasant odours can get trapped in your furniture’s upholstery, making your home an uncomfortable place to live in.
What is Rug Cleaning?
When people enter your home, the first thing they encounter is the rug. When the rug looks old, ugly and dirty, your guests will notice them. Dirty rugs are not only unsightly items, but also cause health complications. It’s important to have your rug cleaned regularly to avoid discomfort and allergy-causing pollutants. The fact that rugs are also master filters of dirt and pollutants makes it extremely important to clean them thoroughly.
Just like carpets, rags require good care and maintenance. However, special types of rugs require special care. They include:
- Fur, sheepskin, and hair-on hides
- Handmade Antique, and Oriental rugs
- Sisal, coir, rush, and grass rugs
- Woven or Braided rugs
Vacuuming large rugs helps remove dirt, dust, grit, and grime. Sometimes the vacuum cleaner may leave pet hair behind. Using a stiff brush to remove the hair is recommended. Brushing should be done in the direction of the nap of the rug. Shaking small rugs removes dirt and dust.
When washing and drying small rugs, consulting care label is important so as to determine whether they should be spot-cleaned, dry-cleaned, or laundered.
Carpet Cleaning Costs
Costs vary with different companies in the metropolitan areas. However, the average charges include:
- House per Bedroom $25 for empty and $30 for furnished
- Living room $40-$60 (both for empty and furnished).
- Stairs $3 for a set of stairs
- Hallway/Landing $10-$15 for empty and $15-$20 for furnished
- Insects such as Mites, Flees, and Bug treatment $30 per room(empty and furnished)
- Carpet Protection $3.50 per square metre
NB: These prices should be used as a guide only and may vary depending on the carpet size, condition and location from your local Brisbane carpet cleaner.
Brisbane is the capital and the most populous city of Queensland. It’s the third most populous city in Australia. The huge population has drawn a good number of carpet cleaners who are reputable in offering services of the highest quality standards. Service locations include;
- Brisbane City CBD
- Brisbane Northside
- Brisbane Southside
- Brisbane West
- Brisbane East
Remember to do your research and find a reputable provider who has experience and offers a guarantee. Keep you family safe from allergens and disease-causing bacteria.